"Love Conquers All" - the director's cut you never asked for!

I made my first short film, "Love Conquers All, " in Yellow Springs, Ohio in 2009. My main collaborator was my friend Lee Johnson, who starred in it (and the two subsequent movies we made together).

This short is beyond rough around the edges, very clearly a First Film, but I have a fondness for it and for the memories of making it. Everybody in town was really excited and happy to help and give me locations and props and food and stuff. (I even got a $200 mini-grant from the arts council for it!)

I was so under the influence of Sam Raimi, and while we were shooting, his movie Drag Me To Hell came out and as a wrap party, me and Lee and rest of the cast got into Lee's van and went to see it. The raucous ruckus we made on the way back was legendary.

The original cut was 22 minutes long. The final cut was 15 minutes, so it could get into a short film festival. There were parts I cut that I ended up regretting. Now, all these years later, I dug out the original rough cut and am ceremoniously presenting it as the director's cut. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Providence: Historic Walking Tour, Part 1

New Year's Eve/New Year's Day